Watch out: Scammers may try to scare you into giving them money by pretending to be from MGU. Don't be a victim.
If you think a scammer is targeting you, call us at 800-401-6402. If you fall victim to a scam, report the theft to your local police.
Beware of these common scams:
This is the most common scam. A caller may:
- Pretend to be from MGU. They may even manipulate caller ID to display "MGU" or use a recording that sounds like it's from us.
- Threaten to turn off your natural gas in a short amount of time.
- Demand immediate payment — often by prepaid debit card or unusual payment method such as Bitcoin.
If someone comes to your door claiming to be from MGU, ask for identification. It's not rude, it's safe.
Here's how to tell a real MGU employee or contractor from a fake one.
- An employee or contractor will readily prove their identity. An imposter won't.
- An employee or contractor will wear a photo ID with their name and company logo.
What you can do to stop scams
- Hang up. If you have any doubts about a call, hang up and call us. If it is a real call, we won't be offended. We can verify your payment status and check on your account anytime.
- Get it in writing. We typically contact you several times via mail about past-due bills before service is shut off — not by a phone call the same day.
- Know your options. We provide many payment options and never require use of a prepaid debit card or unusual payment method.
- Report it. Contact local authorities and us to report a theft or attempted theft. Complete a Green Dot MoneyPak refund request to try to stop your money from being transferred.
- Keep others safe. Share these tips with neighbors, family and friends.
Customer service: 800-401-6402