We understand that it's not always easy making ends meet. If you are having financial difficulties, or know someone who is, MGU has options to help.
- Payment Arrangements
Schedule monthly payments to pay off a past-due balance.
- Winter Protection Plan
Protects from service shut-off and high energy bill payments during winter months.
- Low Income Weatherization Assistance Program
Provides free home energy conservation services to eligible homeowners and renters.
- Crisis Assistance Program
Additional energy assistance, available year-round, for those facing a service shut-off.
- Medical Emergency Protection
Helps in preventing disconnection in households where there is a medical need for electric service.
- Shut-off Protection for Customers on Active Duty in the Military
Assistance for active military personnel and their spouses.
- 2012 Earned Income Tax Credit
Special tax credits for limited-income customers.
- 2012 Home Heating Tax Credit
Credit on income taxes that helps pay home heating costs.
- Help Others Stay Warm
Help others in the community stay warm this winter.
- Michigan Energy Assistance Agencies
A list of Michigan energy assistance agencies by County.
- Third-Party Notification
Select a third party to be notified, and act on your behalf, if your account faces disconnection.